Get the Most Out of the summit
When You Share Your 3 Outcomes
What do You Want from the eMetrics Summit?
How will you measure the success of your conference experience?
Identify, Record & Share Your Desired Outcomes at the 3 Outcomes Roundtable:
- Identify the three results you most want out of the eMetrics Summit
See the thought-process guidelines below
- Share your 3 outcomes during the Roundtable on Monday afternoon.
Speed-brainstorming! Feel free to borrow from others.
- Monitor your success
Start your conversations by asking each other, “What are your 3 outcomes?” Shift from random introductions and chit-chat to the most effective industry event interactions you've ever had. We promise this new framework will give you access to the results you want - more quickly, more accurately and more enjoyably than you have experienced at any other conference.
Language is truly our most powerful technology. Create your 3 outcomes based on the following questions. You will be asked to share them at an eMetrics Summit Roundtable Discussion - and you will bring proof positive back to your boss that this was time very well spent.
Identify Your 3 Outcomes:
- What, specifically, would I like out of my participation in the eMetrics Summit?
- How will I know when it has been achieved?
- When and where will it happen and with whom?
- What is the result of my desired my outcome?
- What resources/assistance do I need during the eMetrics Summit?
- What hurdles are keeping me from this outcome?
- What benefits will I realize from this outcome?
Take the answers to these questions and form 3 S.M.A.R.T. Outcomes.
S.M.A.R.T. outcomes emphasize what you want, rather than what you don't want. Each of your outcomes will be effective when they meet the following criteria.
S - Specific (the What, Why and How)
Use action words: listen, engage, meet, discuss, request, probe, discover, list etc.
Why is this important? What do you ultimately want to achieve? Be as specific as possible. Add, “so that ” at the end of your outcome and you'll find there is something a little more specific you are really looking for.
How are you going to do it? (By asking questions, extending an invitation, engaging in an in-depth conversation - Notice, again, the use of verbs here.)
M - Measurable
You already know: if you can't measure it, you can't manage it. Create your outcomes with measurable progress, so you can evaluate the how effectively you are engaging with other attendees. Time is precious, so make the most of your identified outcomes in all your conversations.
A - Attainable
When you identity outcomes that are important to you, you will immediately begin to figure out ways to make them happen. You are already developing the attitude and capacity to notice, react and create opportunities that bring you closer to your outcomes. You'll be surprised at what you can create with everyone at the eMetrics Summit focused on outcome creation.
R - Realistic
"Attainable" means possible. "Realistic" means within the timeframe and with the resources you have. Be realistic and commit to putting the time and attention required to complete your 3 outcomes before the end of the eMetrics Summit. You're after immediate results.
T - Timely
Set timeframes for each of your outcomes. If you do not set a time, your commitment is too vague.
Write down your 3 outcomes
- State your outcome in positive terms. Focus on what you would like to have occur, not what you don't want to occur.
- Write all outcomes as if they have already occurred. (You can test them by reading them out loud and visualizing yourself having already succeeded.)
- The outcomes must be testable and confirmable. There must be a way to show that you are making process toward achieving the outcome.
- Write all three outcomes down and carry them with you. You'll be asked to share throughout the event. (For even greater results, post them in your planner and at your office in advance of the event. Share them with the Yahoo! Web Analytics Discussion Group.)
- Participate fully. Make this the most successful industry event you've ever attended.
Learn how 3 different (B2B Lead Gen) companies at the eMetrics Summit conduct regular interviews of analytics data. [who attends, what reviewed, what drives action]
Develop three or more specific strategies to optimize our internal analytics system by learning how three different B2B Lead Generation companies at the eMetrics Summit conduct regular reviews of web analytics data, including who attends, what is reviewed and what drives action. By July 31, 2007, one of these strategies will be implemented into our own analytics review system.
Find two companies at the eMetrics Summit doing on-site customer surveys, willing to share lessons learned and their approach to integration of survey results with web data.
Implement on-site customer surveys by October 2007 with the assistance and in-depth feedback of two eMetrics Summit contacts/companies that are doing on-site customer surveys and have trusted and shared with me internal lessons learned as well their approach to integration of survey results with web data.
Identify five WAA members interested in working on the WAA Research committee in the next 30 Days.
Identify five WAA members who express interest in participating in the WAA Research committee for the next twelve months, and invite them (and follow up with email) to participate in the next committee conference call.
Take control of the outcome.
Based on the programs and services offered by 3outcomes.com.