A solid strategy to performing well on the web incorporates multiple points of entry. While “content is king,” you can’t get very far with great content unless you have the SEO to transmit it beyond your basic audience. “Go social” is the phrase shouted ‘round the Internet. However, if you aren’t making the most of your social connections with PPC, then you are missing the mark. To make the most of usability, aka UX, then you need to get ahead of the competition by applying a holistic approach to your digital web strategy.
The Five Fingers of Digital Web Strategy
In a profound manner of speaking, there are five key ingredients to any solid strategy to marketing on the web:
Each of these points of connectivity bring you closer to your target audience. However, not one sole method will work independently. To get the most bang for your buck, you need to work each of these five methods into an overall digital web strategy. Here’s how.
Step-by-Step with Strategy
- Start by finding a great writer whom is skilled in web content creation. This is not the same type of writer who deals with journalism or novel writing. Web content creation is an entirely different beast, requiring a fine tune skill set containing the other tools of your digital strategy. That moves us to the next step.
- Utilize SEO in your content for marketing optimization. A great content writer will be able to implement SEO in their sleep. However, it is up to you understand the basics of SEO to ensure your content is keeping ahead of the curve. Finding keywords is one thing, but determining keyword density and placement within content is another part of this puzzle.
- Usability involves the users of the web. Your target customers need to be the central focus of your digital web strategy. After all, these users are the reason you are going through all of this work. Make sure you incorporate user experience, aka UX, within your content. This means making content worth your readers’ while, and websites should be easy to access in the fewest clicks possible.
- Social goes by several routes, but mainly this involves social media. You must share your content to gain viewers, and Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest and the like are the way to go here.
- PPC, pay per click, allows you to make a ROI in your investment in digital strategy.
If you are interested in learning more about these tools of the trade, head on over to the digital marketing mecca at the eMetrics Summit taking place in Boston from September 27 to October 1, 2015.