Road Map to Online Analytics Success
Boston, Sunday, September 30, 2012
Stéphane HamelIncreasing conversions, reducing acquisition costs and optimizing online marketing activities are often cited as key reasons for venturing into web analytics.
Properly installing the tool is a challenge in itself but even when done successfully, unexpected issues surface and the value of online analytics quickly fade.
|Instructor:||Stéphane Hamel, founder of the Web Analytics Maturity Model (WAMM), President of Immeria.net and Director of the Web Analytics Association|
|Workshop Schedule:||9:00am to 4:30pm|
This workshop will go through an assessment of your online analytics goals and objectives from a business, marketing and web executive's point of view. You will learn about the critical success factors and the process that will enable you to plan for future advancement. At the end of this workshop, you will have learned:
- A method to do a strategic evaluation of your current and desired situation.
- How to leverage the six critical process areas of a data driven organization.
- Tips & tricks to define realistic objectives aligned with your business...how to measure & achieve them!
- How to identify areas requesting more investment and energy.
- How to communicate effectively, be a change agent and overcome political storms.
- Several real-life examples, failures & successes.
Who Should Attend?
The course is specifically designed for analysts who are change agent in their organization or web and marketing managers who want to leverage online analytics. The workshop is best suited to:
- Web analysts and managers
- Marketing and online marketing managers
- E-commerce managers
- IT directors and managers
- No knowledge of web analytics or a web analytics solution is required
- No technical knowledge is required
- Interest for online strategies and measuring success is a must!
- Introduction: analytical management = enlightened management
- Overview of the online analytics maturity model
- Description of each of the six critical process areas
- Task: self-assessment of your current analytical situation
- Defining objectives: ideas more than you can handle
- Defining objectives: a process
- Planning and opportunities prioritization
- The role of user-centered design, personas and persuasion architecture
- Task: business objectives vs online objectives
- Statistics like you’ve never seen them before!
- Average, trends, control limits from a management perspective
- Population & segmentation
- Correlation, trinity and multiplicity at work
- A scientific approach to analysis
- Conversion revisited
- Task: Challenge!
- Communication: tell me a number and I’ll tell you a story
- Key Performance Indicators, what they are (and are not)
- Dashboards as they should be
- Task: what’s your KPI?
- The analysis process
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- The importance of business analysis in analytics
- Lean SixSigma applied
- Managing the unmanageable: the organizational culture
- Change management
- Political factors
- The ultimate team
- Task: case study
- Wrapping up
- Innovation & the future of analytics
The workshop is filled with anecdotes, tips & tricks gleaned throughout over 20 years of experience, the last 15 spent working on dozens of online projects strategies and hands on web analytics experience.
Presentation hands out with annotations and exercises.
Visit the Web Analytics Maturity Model section on immeria.net.